Final 2016-2017 Newsletter
Please see the information below regarding our 2017-2018 academic school year.
First day of school
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Progressive entry for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten will be as follows:
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:00-11:00 (students last name starting from A-K)
- Thursday, August 31, 2017 9:00-11:00 (students last name starting from L-Z)
- Students will be greeted by their pre-k or kindergarten teachers at 9:00 am in the schoolyard and dismissed at 11:00 am in the schoolyard. There is no bus service or daycare service during progressive entry days.
- *In case of rain, students will be greeted in the big gym.*
- Friday, September 1, 2017 Regular school day for all Pre-K & K students
- School begins at 7:42 am. Bus and daycare services will be available for students.
- Students are expected to respect our school dress code as of their first day of progressive entry (August 30 or 31, solid white or navy top and navy bottom).
- Students are encouraged to come in with their school supplies on their first day of progressive entry (August 30 or 31).
- The first day of school for students from grade 1-6 is Wednesday, August 30, 2017.
- August 30th, 2017 will be a regular school day (7:42am-2:17pm). Bus and daycare services will be available.
- Students will be allowed into the schoolyard as of 7:42 am.
- Students are expected to respect our school dress code as of the first day of school (solid white or navy top and navy bottom).
- Students are encouraged to come in with their school supplies on their first day of school.
Colour Coded Grade Levels
The school yard will be divided into colour coded areas by grade level. Students are to gather around the colour corresponding to their grade. Please refer to the chart below:
Grade / Colour
Pre K & K / PINK
Grade 1 / YELLOW
Grade 2 / GREEN
Grade 3 / ORANGE
Grade4 / WHITE
Grade 5 / BLUE
Grade 6 / PURPLE
For example, if your child is going to Grade 3, they should gather around the ORANGE section.
Receiving teachers will be in the assigned to specific areas and be easily identified by the above mentioned coloured coded system.
Students entitled to school bus transportation, will be receiving their bus pass in the mail during the month of August. Please note that bus stops may change every year in order to accommodate the new PreK and Kindergarten students.
The school fees for 2017-2018 are $95.00 for Pre-K and K, $110.00 for students in Grade 1-6. Parents who wish to make specific arrangement regarding payment, please feel free to contact the school.
All supply lists will be distributed with the report cards and made available for reference on our school website: www.ecolenesbittschool.ca.
Once again this year, we have partnered with Bureau en Gros and are offering parents a purchasing service whereby supplies may be selected and purchased on-line per school. Please refer to the “SCHOOL TOOLS” information package you will receive with the report card. The deadline date to purchase the school supplies on-line is July 10, 2017. All purchased supplies will be ready for pick up by mid-August at the following Bureau en Gros location:
Address: 4625 Jean talon Est
Information regarding the SCHOOL TOOLS package and pick-up dates will also be available on our school website.
Congratulations to Mme. Nicole Rabeau who retired at the end of this school year. On behalf of the Nesbitt school community, I would like to extend our thanks for her 42 years of service and wish her all the best as she embarks on the retirement train. She can finally take advantage of September vacation packages J.
On behalf of the administration and staff, we would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family, a safe and enjoyable summer vacation.
Mrs. A. Scrocca